What is ACCA?
Alberta Community & Co-operative Association
In 2005, the Alberta Co-op Council merged with the Rural Education and Development Association to form what we know today as the Alberta Community and Co-operative Association. Many of the programs offered in the REDA days are still thriving, and many new projects have taken shape as we adapt to meet the changing needs of communities in Alberta.We are proud to strengthen Alberta communities by providing leadership development and fostering co-operative values.
View the Fast Fact Sheet About Us and our programs to learn more about how our dedicated staff complement works hard year-round to:
- foster co-operative development in Alberta communities
- support our members through events, workshops, networking and communication platforms
- provide expertise to organization development and strategic partnerships
- organize networking and educational opportunities for community-based organizations
- facilitate leadership programs for youth
- administer internship programs
- support social and economic development
- advocate for co-operative solutions and people-powered projects
- recognize organizational and individual leaders throughout the sector
We are guided by the 7 universal Co-op Principles:
- Open and Voluntary Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Members Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Training, Education and Information
- Co-operation Among Co-operatives
- Concern for Community
Our services extend far past the e pages of this website though, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us about other opportunities.