- This event has passed.
Energy Endurance Series @ Athabasca
November 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Energy Endurance series involves a workshop that connects small-scale and community focused renewable energy projects with relevant experts; to help develop strategies to achieve their project goals. A selection of our experts will be on hand to be paired with your projects to provide feedback, help identify next steps, explore resources, and discuss potential challenges along the way.
Targeted at groups and individuals working on community and small scale renewable energy projects looking for insight on how to support renewable energy projects in their community, workshop attendees will walk away from a collaborative day with a clear road-map on the next steps they need to take to progress their projects,
The workshop will feature experts who will draw upon their expertise and renewable energy perspectives, speak to issues related to project development, installation of solar, environmental assessment, off-grid opportunities, financing, community economic development, co-operatives, as well as legal and financial issues. Experts include:
The event sites will be updated to confirm the technical experts, but so far it will feature:
- Athabasca University Dr. Lorelei Hanson: how community ownership drives renewable energy
- Louise Traynor: how the Bissell Centre puts community strategies into their solar project development
- Juanita Marois; Metis Crossing: Development process of a community owned renewable energy project
- Virtuoso Energy,project development, feasibility, and installation process
- Peters Energy: project development, power-purchase agreements, and grid-connection
- Pace Alberta; Innovative financing opportunities
- Green Cat Renewables Canada; Complete In-House Expertise & Project Management Services To Deliver Renewable Energy Projects From Initial Conception Through To Operation.
- Brian Kaliel from Miller Thomson LLP.; how to form a renewable energy co-operative
- Amber Kenyon, Farm Energy Outreach Officer with Gateway Research Organization; accessing grants for renewable energy projects
- Many more!
Want to learn more? Check out our event agenda!
I want to attend!
The series is free to attend, however we need to know you are coming…
If you have any questions, please email Seth Leon, ACCA Manager of Co-operative Services on firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will be delivered in Athabasca on November 28th, and again on Drayton Valley on December 12th. There is an opportunity for both experts and participants to attend both, which allows for more continuity, a greater learning opportunity, and a stronger support network. There is, however, no obligation to be involved at the second workshop.